If you're looking for an easy and sophisticated way to brighten up and refresh your home this summer, then look no further!
You don't have to spend months or a fortune to give your home a refresh. Here are five simple design tips to transform your home this season!
Photo Courtesy of Beauti-Tone
1. Bright Colours: One of the easiest ways to alter your space is with a burst of colour! You know that empty space on your wall that you've been trying to find the perfect piece for? Instead of finding a 'forever piece', why not add a fun and colourful inexpensive piece of art for a pop of drama? If you're a little more adventurous you can even take that next step and paint an entire wall a new colour to really welcome this time of year. Beauti-Tone is a Canadian based and manufactured paint company that offers a diverse amount of colours that are guaranteed to brighten your home. Their website even allows you to upload an image of your space and test their paint colours in that area to assure you like the colour you plan to purchase beforehand.
Photo Courtesy of Bouclair
2. Throw Pillows: The three golden rules of home decor are comfort, comfort, comfort! Plush and colourful pillows make a home feel relaxed and welcoming while you enjoy the views outside your window. Don't just limit them to indoors, either. Throw pillows can be used to elevate your outdoor seating areas too. Home furnishing stores such as Bouclair allow you to flip through the wide variety of patterned and solid colour throw pillows they have in stock easily with their online catalogue. Bouclair even allows you to search for pillows more specifically by the type of material and style you are in search of.
Photo Courtesy of Greenscape Design & Decor
3. Plants and Flowers: Utilize the warm weather by adding a touch of nature to your household. Plants not only add to the overall aesthetic of the home but allow for cleaner air and healthy living. Rejuvenate your interior by incorporating seasonal flowers and plants, which brings the outdoors inside. It's a simple way to create a visually cohesive interior with your garden. It is now possible to decorate your home professionally with plants thanks to companies like Greenscape Design & Decor. The Vancouver based company will create the plant arrangement of your dreams with their custom skills and passion for design.
Photo Courtesy of Cabana Coast
4. Bring The Indoors Outdoors: We're seeing it more and more; the hottest design trend this season is using furniture and decor items that would typically be used indoors in areas such as your patio and front porch. Furniture such as outdoor rugs, ottomans and side tables can do wonders for your outdoor space and create an extension of your living space. At Cabana Coast you can purchase beautiful outdoor pieces that resemble indoor furnishings but are weather resistant. They even allow you to pick through fabrics and finishes for a truly custom design.
5. Patterns: Prints and patterns continuously appear in the home on areas such as walls and furniture. Tropical prints take a step forward this summer as we make way for the warm weather upon us. Don't be afraid to go for some colourful patterns or funky prints since this will give your home that bright feel you desire. If home furnishing stores can be overwhelming for you, simply head to your local Indigo for an affordable and stylish piece! In addition to shelves upon shelves of great summer reading, they sell an array of printed artwork and patterned decor options that will really liven up your living space!
All winter we dream of summer. Now is the time to embrace it!
Want to see more ideas for decorating your home? Check out these other houseporn.ca articles:
Researched and Written by Syrina Gatta, Interior Design student at Sheridan College